Skip to main content

Fresh Cream Cake

Hi Everyone!
Today me and my brother made a Fresh Cream Chocolate Cake for a friend's birthday.
In this post, I'll be telling you how to make it.


To Make The Cake, You Will Need:

1. 110 grams of self raising flour, sifted
2. 110 grams of soft margarine or butter, at room temperature
3. 110 grams of caster sugar
4. 2 large eggs
5. 2-3 drops of pure vanilla essence or (if you want to make a chocolate sponge) 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder

To Finish:

Fresh Cream, Lemon Curd or Jam (optional) and sifted with icing sugar.


Method:

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3, 170'C.

2. Lightly grease and line with grease proof paper (or silicone paper), two seven inch sponge tins, no less than 1 inch deep.

3. Take a large mixing bowl and sift the flour and baking powder into it, holding the sieve high to give the flour a good airing.

4. Next add all of the other ingredients to the bowl, and whisk them until they are all combined.
If the mixture doesn't drop off a wooden spoon easily when tapped on the side of the bowl, then add 1 or 2 teaspoons of tap warm water and whisk again.

5. Now split the mixture between the two prepared tins, level them off and bake them on the centre shelf of the oven for about half an hour.

6. When they are cooked, leave them in the tin for about 30 seconds then loosen the edges by sliding a knife all around the tins, then turn them out onto a wire cooling rack. Peel of the base papers carefully and, when cool, sandwich the cakes together with lemon curd, jam or fresh cream and dust with icing sugar.

7. Finally, Eat it!

(As an extra, you can also add strawberries to the top or middle of the cake.)


I hope you like this cake as much as I do!
Flora xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blueberry and banana eggy bread

Hello! For breakfast today I made a blueberry and banana eggy bread. It was delicious. So today I'm going to tell you how to make it. In my last blog post, which was about how to make a cream cake, I typed up all of the recipe, which took me ages. So, instead of typing up the recipe, I'm going to show you a picture of it. This is the final result of your eggy bread: Here's how to make it: Thank you for reading this! I really hope you like this recipe as much as I do! P.s If you can't see the pictures very well, either click on them once or double click them. Flora xx

Flora's Cooking/Baking Tips

Hey Readers! Today I'm going to give you my top 10 baking and cooking tips. I hope you like them! 1. Remember to weigh out your ingredients carefully - if you don't, things can go wrong. 2. Don't use too much baking powder - things could rise - or fall - too quickly. 3. Don't rush the process of cake baking (especially when it comes to waiting for                                                       the cake to be cooked!) 4. Use the recipe as a guide, but not an absolute blueprint. 5. Use any equipment that makes baking easier. Like if you have to whisk something by hand - use an electric whisk instead! 6. Make sure your using the right kind of tin - different cakes need different tins depending on the ingredients and how quickly you want the heat to get to the mix. 7. Always have the right consistency of butter - if you don't, it could make your food too thick and buttery or too thin and crumbly. 8.  Always have your ingredie

Hi! A Short Introduction.

Hi Everyone! I'm Flora, a passionate baker. I absolutely love baking cakes (and eating them!) I'm so pleased you have found my blog. I promise to post as much as possible, and will try to do so at least once every few days. I would really appreciate it if you follow my Instagram account, @foodieflora. I post lots of photos of things I bake on my Instagram. I really hope you like my blog. I will be posting things like recipes and tips for baking on it. Me having just made my first meringue roulade! Look out for my next post! Flora xx

Homemade Smoothies

Hi guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, so here is a recipe for you💓. Smoothies Things you will need: 1 banana (You can always double or half the ingredients if you want to make a bigger or smaller smoothie) Apple (or orange) Juice 5 - 10 Strawberries 5 - 10 Raspberries A knife Chopping Board Blender Method First, chop up your banana(s) and take off the stalks of your strawberries. Then put them in to the blender. Next, take your raspberries and put them into the blender. After that, fill the blender with your apple or orange juice, (there should be a line that tells you how much you can put in) and screw on the lid (if you have a blender like that 😂) . Then, blend your smoothie! Wait till most of the bits in the smoothie are gone until you pour your smoothie into glasses or jugs. If you are making this smoothie a day before serving it, I recommend keeping it in the fridge, or the fruit could go off. I really hope you like this smoothie. I normally